Terms and Conditions of Sale
Terms and Conditions of Sale
ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SALE CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE TERMS AND YOUR ORDER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. THIS NOTICE IS ISSUED BY AP TAYLOR LTD.
FORMATION OF THE CONTRACT
- These Terms & Conditions apply to goods supplied directly by AP Taylor Limited to you registered in England and Wales with company no. 03958040 AP Taylor Ltd registered office is Prospero House, 46-48 Rothesay Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 1QZ
- No contract exists between you and AP Taylor Ltd for the sale of any goods until AP Taylor Ltd has received your order and a confirmation of that order, which may be printed by you, has been displayed on your computer screen. A binding legal contract exists between you and AP Taylor Ltd upon receipt of this confirmation.
- The contract is subject to your cancellation rights
- AP Taylor Ltd reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of sale without notice in the future.
- Any dispute or claim that either you or AP Taylor Ltd may bring in relation to or in connection with these terms and conditions will be decided on the basis of English law by the English courts alone (unless you object and ask for a different jurisdiction or law apply).
The language of this contract is English, and any disputes arising under this contract shall be conducted in English, but if you would like a dispute to be heard in another language then AP Taylor Ltd will try to find ways to help.
- You may have other rights granted to you by law in addition to those set out in these terms and conditions, which AP Taylor Ltd may not exclude. These terms and conditions do not affect those other rights granted by law. If you wish to obtain further information about your rights, you should speak to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
DESCRIPTION AND PRICE OF GOODS
- The description and price of the goods ordered will be as shown in the Shop at the time the order is placed.
- All goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods you have ordered are not available in stock, AP Taylor Ltd will inform you by email or by telephone as soon as possible, and offer you an alternative product or refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit or debit card for the goods.
- Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on the AP Taylor Ltd (Direct Vacuums) website are accurate at the time the order is placed. If an error is found, AP Taylor Ltd will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling your order. If you cancel, AP Taylor Ltd will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit or debit card for the goods.
- In addition to the price, you may be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods. This charge will be brought to your attention at the time you place your order for the goods.
- The price of all goods and delivery charges are inclusive of VAT.
- Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made using any of the methods shown on the AP Taylor Ltd (Direct Vacuums) website at the time that you place your order.
- Payment for the Product may be made by PayPal, debit or credit card payment.
- You will not be the legal owner of the Product until AP Taylor Ltd has received cleared funds from you for the total amount of the purchase price.
- Goods ordered will be delivered to the exact address you give when you place your order. Deliveries cannot be made outside of the United Kingdom.
- If there is no-one at the given address who is able to accept delivery of the goods, you will be notified of an alternative delivery date or a place to collect the goods.
- If delivery cannot be made to your address, AP Taylor Ltd will inform you as soon as possible, and refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit or debit card for delivery.
- Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted, and in any event within 30 days of your order. However, AP Taylor Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery. In this case, AP Taylor Ltd will inform you as soon as possible.
- ‘Free Next Day Delivery’ orders will have delivery attempted the following day providing the order is received prior to Mon – Fri before 1pm. Orders received after 1pm Monday – Friday will be processed and dispatched the next working day. Orders received after 1pm Friday will be processed on Monday and attempted to be delivered on Tuesday. UK Mainland only. In addition, Next Day Delivery is not available to the following postcodes: AB37, AB38, AB44, AB45, AB53, AB56, CA18, CA27, HS1, HS9, IM, IV14, IV28, IV30, IV32, IV36, IV40, IV56, IV7, IV9, IV12, KA27, KA28, KW, LA15, LA23, PA20, PA21, PA38, PA41, PA42, PA49, PA60, PA61, PA78, PA80, PA88, PH17, PH26, PH30, PH44, PH49, PH50, TR21,TR25, ZE. Orders placed using the Next Day Delivery service to be delivered to the Highlands or Islands, will take 48 hours to be delivered, and will not be delivered next day.
- If you are not able to accept delivery when it is attempted our carrier YODEL will leave a ‘missed delivery card’ with your tracking number and date of attempted delivery. YODEL will attempt delivery up to three times. If YODEL is unsuccessful with all three delivery attempts, the shipment will be held at a nearby YODEL facility for five days before returning to AP Taylor Ltd.
- You will become the owner of the goods you ordered and responsible for risk of loss of or damage to them once they have been delivered to you.
- You’re Right of Cancellation. Should you receive your purchase and decide that you no longer require the goods for whatever reason, they can be returned within 14 days of your receipt of the goods. To return the goods, please contact AP Taylor Ltd (Direct Vacuums) Customer Care on 01582 664600 (Select option 1), where one of our dedicated customer service representatives will provide you with an RMA number and explain to you what you must do. Goods will only be accepted for return if a valid RMA number has been issued by Direct Vacuums within 14 days of delivery, unless we have notified you otherwise. AP Taylor Ltd will cover the cost of returning the goods. You must take reasonable care to ensure the goods are not damaged until they are returned to AP Taylor Ltd. Using the goods before returning them within the allotted 14 day period does not constitute taking reasonable care of them. If you use the goods before returning them to us you may be responsible for the costs of us reconditioning those goods. AP Taylor Ltd may set off the cost of refurbishing the goods against the sums that you have paid for the goods, including any applicable VAT payable, if the goods are used prior to being returned under this clause. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Faulty Goods. AP Taylor Ltd is committed to ensuring that all products are to the highest standard. All our products have a one year manufacturers guarantee from the date of delivery should you experience a problem within this period please contact the AP Taylor Ltd (Direct Vacuums) Customer Care Number on 01582 664600 (select option 1). One of our dedicated customer services representatives will try to solve your problem over the phone. If your problem cannot be solved over the telephone, you will be sent returns documentation. Once our Service Centre has received your faulty item, it will be tested and the fault/problem identified. Upon identification of this, we will repair the fault. If the fault cannot be identified we will contact you and offer you a replacement or full refund.
- In certain cases AP Taylor Ltd may not be able to provide the goods, or carry out some of its other duties under contract, because of something that is beyond AP Taylor’s reasonable control. This could include war, an act of terrorism, widespread goods, fuel or power shortages, fire, flood, severe weather, other natural disasters, equipment failure or an accident that is not AP Taylor’s fault. If this happens then AP Taylor Ltd will not be responsible for so long as the effects of the event continue for any failure to provide the goods. AP Taylor Ltd will continue to try to provide the goods as soon as possible despite any such events.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Nothing in these Terms of Sale shall limit AP Taylor’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation by AP Taylor Ltd or its employees.
- AP Taylor Ltd shall not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable at the time of entering into a contract with AP Taylor Ltd (whether or not caused by AP Taylor’s negligence).
a) AP Taylor Ltd will not be responsible for any loss that could not have been expected to occur in advance of the loss occurring or any loss of any opportunity by you (including an opportunity for you or someone else to make, save or use money).
b) For all AP Taylor Ltd’s liability, you accept that AP Taylor Ltd maximum financial responsibility to you will be the price of the goods even if the actual loss you suffer is more than that.
c) The price of the goods has been calculated on the basis that AP Taylor Ltd will exclude or limit its liability as set out in the contract. If you want AP Taylor Ltd to take on more liability then please let AP Taylor Ltd know and AP Taylor Ltd will let you have a revised price.
- All goods supplied by AP Taylor Ltd are free from defects for period stated within the product packaging from the date of supply. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- This guarantee does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear (such as worn out filters, belts and brush bars), willful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by AP Taylor Ltd, failure to follow manufacturer's instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without approval from AP Taylor Ltd.
- If the goods supplied to you develop a defect while under guarantee, or you have any other complaint about the goods, you should notify AP Taylor Ltd in writing at the address (AP Taylor Ltd, Unit 4, Arenson Centre, Arenson Way, Dunstable,Beds, LU5 5UL) or by email (email@example.com)
- These terms and conditions of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law, and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.
- All comments, queries and requests relating to the use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to AP Taylor Limited, Unit 4, Arenson Centre, Arenson Way, Dunstable, Beds, LU5 5UL. Telephone 01582 664600 option 1 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to providing excellent customer services to all of our customers. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our practices and ensure the best service for all of our customers.Please address your letter of complaint to “Head of Customer Services” at Direct Vacuums, Unit 5 Arenson Centre, Arenson Way, Dunstable, Bedfordshire LU5 5UL or via email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Complaint FOA HOC’ to ensure your complaint is handled.
- AP Taylor Ltd prides itself on delivering complete customer satisfaction on all of its product and services. In the unlikely event that a product arrives damaged or faulty, please contact our Customer Care Number on 01582 664600 who will advise you further and arrange a replacement if necessary.
- Participants must reside in the UK mainland.
- Participants must be over 18 years of age.
- There is only one prize per draw, unless otherwise stated.
- Participants should only enter the competition once! Duplicate comments/selfies will be disqualified. Facebook tagging and sharing is non-compulsory to enter the competition.
- By uploading a photo on Direct Vacuums Facebook page, you give Direct Vacuums permission to use that photo in any promotional or website-related material.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The promotions are NOT open to employees of Direct Vacuums, as well as their families, their agents or other related third parties who are directly connected with the administration of these online competitions.
- The winner will be selected randomly (unless otherwise stated) within two weeks after the end of the giveaway and will be announced on the Facebook page of Direct Vacuums.
- The winner will then be contacted via Facebook within two weeks after the end of the giveaway. Following this notification, the winner will be required to send the promoter full details of their address to which the prize will be delivered.
- If Direct Vacuums cannot: (i) contact the winner via Facebook within a reasonable period of time (to be established at Direct Vacuums’ sole discretion); or (ii) the winner does not return details of its postal address to Direct Vacuums within 14 days of notification that they have won the Prize, Direct Vacuums reserves the right to re-draw a winner of the Promotion and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
- Allow 7 days for delivery of the Prize. Direct Vacuums accepts no responsibility for the Prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
- Competitions are run by Direct Vacuums and they are not in association with Facebook. By entering a competition you agree to a complete release of Facebook.